Main Events signs undefeated Russian junior middleweight boxer Dmitry Mikhaylenko

August 7, 2014

Already blessed with having powerful Sergey Kovalev in its stable of fighters, Main Events has inked  yet another Russian talent in Dmitry "The Mechanic" Mikhaylenko (17-0, 6 KO's) who it hopes can duplicate Kovalev's success.

"First of all I would like to thank Main Events for giving me this opportunity and trusting in me," said Mikhaylenko.  "I am very happy of signing promotional agreement to Main Events and I know they can help me to go the right way as they did for many fighters. I am very motivated and ready 100% to prove and to show what I am capable of in the ring. To come and fight in America was always my dream."

Mikhaylenko, 28, made his U.S. debut this past Saturday night on the undercard of the Kovalev-Caparello bout, defeating Sechew Powell via an eight round unanimous decision at junior middleweight.

Mikhaylenko is managed by Egis Klimas, who also manages WBO Light Heavyweight Champion Sergey Kovalev, WBO Featherweight Champion Vasyl Lomachenko, IBF North American Heavyweight Champion Czar Glazkov, and many more.

"Dmitry is an action fighter and very interesting to watch, you never get bored when he is in the ring," said Klimas.  "He throws a lot of punches and always busy. I can see him becoming a Champion in 147-pound division and I am proud to be his manager and help him to lead in right direction."

By Staff of TheDailySportsHerald.com and news services

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage all intelligent, passionate comments. Please refrain from any ignorant, racist, or offensive rants.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...