Julian Ramirez defeats Raul Hidalgo via unanimous decision at LA Fight Club

April 3, 2015

In the main event of Golden Boy Promotions' new LA Fight Club series, local East Los Angeles native Julian Ramirez (14-0, 8 KOs) earned an exciting unanimous decision victory over Mexico's Raul Hidalgo (23-13, 17 KOs) in a 10-round featherweight fight Thursday night at the Belasco Theater.  Ramirez's hard combination-punching was the key to his win against the veteran Hidalgo.

"Hildalgo has a lot of experience and I definitely learned from him tonight," said Ramirez. "It was tough working the inside which was my plan, Hidalgo is a tough fighter and in good condition. No fight is easy and I want to keep facing tough opponents and beat them."

Hidalgo did not dispute the decision.

"I want to fight the best and Julian challenged me tonight," said Hidalgo. "Julian was fast and a hard puncher and tonight was not my night. I want to continue to challenge myself and fight the best will only help me get better."

In the co-main event, 2008 Brazilian Olympic Bronze Medalist Yamaguchi Falcao (5-0, 2 KOs) triumphed by unanimous decision over Deartie Tucker (2-1, 2 KOs) of Arkansas in a six-round middleweight bout.

"I am happy about the win but this fight surprised me," said Yamaguchi Falcao. "I couldn't find my rhythm. I need to go back to the gym and train harder so the fans can see the real Yamaguchi."

Tucker managed to draw some positives from the loss.

"I am feeling good," said Deartie Tucker. "I am proud of myself for going the full six rounds, I know I lost but I am feeling good."

The night brought out some of Tinseltown's A-listers, including Latin star Kate Del Castillo, KIIS FM's Ellen K, Extra's Mario Lopez, MMA royalty Ronda Rousey, television and radio host Jillian Barberie, and many in Golden Boy's stable of fighters.

LA Fight Club is a monthly boxing series featuring young boxing prospects in a nightclub atmosphere.  The next events in the series are scheduled for May 7 and June 4.

By Staff of TheDailySportsHerald.com and news services

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage all intelligent, passionate comments. Please refrain from any ignorant, racist, or offensive rants.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...