Miami Dolphins part ways with GM Dennis Hickey

January 3, 2016


The Miami Dolphins have announced that the team and General Manager Dennis Hickey have agreed to part ways.  Hickey served as Miami’s GM for the past two seasons (2014-15).

“I want to thank Dennis for his work over the last two years. We talked about a number of different possibilities, but at the end we reached this agreement,” Executive Vice President of Football Operations Mike Tannenbaum said in a statement.

Miami has had a disappointing season, as the limited overall impact of their free agent signees led to the firing of former head coach Joe Philbin.

“I have been blessed to be the General Manager of the Miami Dolphins for the last two seasons and I want to thank Stephen Ross for giving me this opportunity,” Hickey said. “During my time here with the Dolphins, I approached each day with passion, drive and integrity in trying to bring a championship to this proud franchise. Over the past week, I have had a number of conversations with the Dolphins organization about my role in the team. Ultimately the Dolphins and I agreed that it would be best if we parted ways.”

The Dolphins will face the New England Patriots this week at home.

The Patriots are in control for home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs. New England has already clinched the AFC East division title and a first-round bye. With a win or a Denver loss, the Patriots will earn the No. 1 seed in the AFC.

By Staff of TheDailySportsHerald.com and news services

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage all intelligent, passionate comments. Please refrain from any ignorant, racist, or offensive rants.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...