Dodgers legendary broadcaster Jaime Jarrin to return for two more seasons

September 20, 2018

Hall of Fame broadcaster Jaime Jarrín has agreed to a multi-year contract extension and will return to the Los Angeles Dodgers for a 61st and 62nd season in 2019 and 2020, the team announced.

Said Jarrín, “It seems like it was just yesterday that I was at the Coliseum in 1959 and started my work with the Dodgers, the time goes so fast. I’m still enjoying it just as much as I did 60 years ago. I love what I do, and it’s a privilege for me to be able to do it. I have had the opportunity to work with the best of the best, ballplayers, broadcasters and staff, and I have been so fortunate throughout my career. Of course, I have to thank the Dodgers and especially my wife Blanca for her support and for allowing me to do what I love all these years.”

On Friday, Jarrín will become the 12th inductee into the Dodgers’ Ring of Honor, joining Pee Wee Reese, Tommy Lasorda, Duke Snider, Jim Gilliam, Don Sutton, Walter Alston, Sandy Koufax, Roy Campanella, Jackie Robinson, Don Drysdale, and Vin Scully in having their name/number permanently affixed to Dodger Stadium.

During the course of his 60-year Dodger career, which began in the club’s second season in Los Angeles in 1959, Jarrín has been lauded as one of the all-time great baseball announcers, including his induction into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1998 as the recipient of the Ford C. Frick Award. He became only the second Spanish-language announcer to earn that honor, joining Buck Canel.

“Jaime Jarrín is a Hall of Famer in every sense of the word, and the Dodgers are lucky to have had him behind the mic for the past 60 years as he’s chronicled the greatest moments in Los Angeles history with his unique storytelling and iconic style,” said Lon Rosen, Dodger Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer. “We’re thrilled that Jaime is returning with this multi-year contract extension and are looking forward to celebrating him Friday night.”

Jarrín is a member of both the Southern California Sports Broadcasters’ Association and the California Broadcasters’ Association Halls of Fame, and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, dedicated in September 1998.

By Staff of TheDailySportsHerald.com and news services

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage all intelligent, passionate comments. Please refrain from any ignorant, racist, or offensive rants.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...