Tomasz Adamek withdraws from Glazkov bout due to illness

November 14, 2013

Heavyweight Tomasz Adamek has withdrawn from this Saturday's fight with Vyascheslav Glazkov (15-0-1, 11 KOs) because of a recent illness.  Despite the loss of the card's major headliner, the event nevertheless will continue with Glazkov taking on late sub Garrett Wilson (13-6-1, 7 KOs) of Philadelphia in the ten-round main event.

The changes became necessary when veteran Tomasz Adamek was felled by a stomach virus yesterday. This morning he was not feeling any better and was forced to pull out of the fight.

Adamek issued the following statement:
"For the first time in my career I have had to pull out of a bout. I apologize to all of my fans, but the stomach flu has hit me so hard that it is impossible to go through with Saturday's bout."
"I was hoping that against the odds I would recover sufficiently to compete. However, that has not happened. My doctor has told me that I should not fight and, very honestly, I feel awful. Therefore, I had to inform Main Events that I could not compete on Saturday."
"Again, I apologize, but the circumstances are beyond my control."

Meanwhile, the co-main event features two undefeated talents, as Long Island's Mike Brooks faces Karl "Dynamite" Dargan in a 10-round battle of unbeaten lightweights.

As for the heavyweight bout, Glazkov will be fighting an opponent two days from now that he knows little about. Although such limited preparation time might worry some boxers, Glazkov seemed happy just to be able to fight this weekend.

"I was disappointed but there is nothing I can do now," said Glazkov. "I am just happy that an new opponent was found. It could have been that I was not going to fight at all, so I am grateful to Main Events and NBC for keeping the fight."

By Staff of The Daily Sports Herald and news services

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I really enjoyed with reading your blog today ! Pacquiao vs Rios Live Stream Keep making great posts and I will come back every day to keep reading !

    ReplyDelete

We encourage all intelligent, passionate comments. Please refrain from any ignorant, racist, or offensive rants.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...