Chuck Lidell and Tito Ortiz to battle once again

September 12, 2018

The final chapter of a classic mixed martial arts rivalry will take place on Saturday, November 24, 2018, as Chuck Liddell (30-8, 20 KOs) will take on Tito Ortiz (19-12-1, 8 KOs) in a three-round light heavyweight main event at the "Fabulous" Forum in Inglewood, California. The fight will be presented live on Pay-Per-View beginning at 6:00 p.m. PT.

The fight will be promoted by boxing power broker Golden Boy Promotions, as the company will be venturing into new waters with its promotion of this mixed martial arts event.

"I've already knocked him out twice," said Chuck Liddell, who will return to the cage after eight years. "I'm doing this for my fans because this is the one fight they all keep asking me for, and they want to see him knocked out. Tito is a punk, but I also want to inspire people and show them that the only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves. For me, it's a fight to right some wrongs from the past and to renew my strength and discipline. My focus is laser sharp, and I can't wait to see blood! Tito is going down! I'm thrilled to be partnered with Golden Boy Promotions for this event because they understand the sacrifice that we fighters make to entertain the world."

Liddell defended the UFC Light Heavyweight crown four times against the likes of Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture, and Jeremy Horn.  Liddell also has victories against Alistair Overeem and Wanderlei Silva.

Known worldwide as the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy," Ortiz became one of the first stars of mix martial arts, and has faced the likes of Ken Shamrock, Forrest Griffin, Wanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, and Ryan Bader.

Ortiz held the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship for three years and will return after a first-round submission victory against Chael Sonnen in January 2017.

"It's extremely important that I finish this the way I want to," said Tito Ortiz. "Liddell was my friend. He says he's not my friend, well great. We're enemies, and that's just the way it is. Now it's time for fans to buy this pay-per-view to watch one of the best fights of my career. Chuck will come in thinking he can knock me out. He'll come in swinging for the fences, but I'll knock his ass out. Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions has stepped up to give fans what they want after 25 years of mixed martial arts."

According to Golden Boy's press release, the undercard of this event will be fully stacked with mixed martial arts bouts.

"This event will be huge for sports fans around the world," said Oscar De La Hoya, CEO and Chairman of Golden Boy Promotions. "Liddell and Ortiz are two of the most recognized fighters in mixed martial arts history. They are legends in the sport."

By Staff of TheDailySportsHerald.com and news services

No comments:

Post a Comment

We encourage all intelligent, passionate comments. Please refrain from any ignorant, racist, or offensive rants.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...